The DeKalb County Building Trades Council (DCBTC) was created to enrich and protect union construction workers' livelihoods and better the community to build a brighter tomorrow.
We advocate for people. We champion causes to increase trade opportunities for local workers. We work diligently to partner and collaborate to make positive advancements in the construction industry.
The DCBTC is honored to serve as the voice for 17 trade unions and more than 7,000 men and women working and living in DeKalb County. Together, we are committed to bringing excellence in craftsmanship to the construction industry. And grow the talent pipeline through training, apprenticeships, and the development of opportunities for all.
The DCBTC represents leaders and affiliates who are dedicated to safety, innovation, training, continuous improvement, and quality workmanship. Our goal is to strengthen and develop trade opportunities to create a thriving future for Illinois families and communities.
The DCBTC is designed to:
• Create new employment opportunities in DeKalb County
• Advocate for and advance compensation and employment benefits for trade workers
• Support stronger partnerships between labor and management
• Provide equal opportunities for all minorities and genders
• Enhance working conditions and worker safety